Database , is the combination of some data that is processed and organized in such a way, to obtain a connection or relation between the data and can be used jointly by multiple user
In a simple, database (the database) can be expressed as an organizing data with the help of computers that allows data to be accessed easily and quickly. In this case, the definition of access can include data acquisition and manipulation of data such as adding and deleting data.
Benefits of databases in general, among others :
- As a principal or an important component in the system information, because it is the basis for providing information.
- Determining the quality of information quickly, accurately, and relevant, so that the
information presented is always updated. Information can be said to be worth when its benefits more than the cost to obtain.
- Overcoming duplicate data (data redundancy)
- Avoid any data inconsistencies
- Overcoming difficulties in accessing data
- Develop a standard format of a data.
- The use by multiple users (multiple user). A database can be used at once is shared by
many users (multiuser).
- Perform protection and data security. Any data can only be accessed or manipulated by
those who were given the authority to provide login and password for each data.
- Make it easier for users to create a view (view) abstraction of the data. It aims to
simplify interaction between users and a database system can present different views to
users, programmers and administrators.
Database plays an important role in an organization. This is because a good database system would bring rapid progress in the organization. The importance of a database for an organization such as :
- Simplify the search and utilization of information onan organization
- With a good database, an organization can monitor the progress of the operation well, so they can take quick and appropriate steps if a problem occurs.
- Assisting in organizing the data that is owned by the organization such as employees / members bios of the organization, consumer biodata, list of products, payment of salaries, payment of bills, and others.
- Facilitate the members in the data access activities include data acquisition and manipulation of data such as add and delete data through the authority that has been given.
- Keeping the organization’s data security, because any data can be protected by provide login and password for each data.
- The database can help to determine a better strategy for the advancement of an organization in the future.
- Assist marketing activities for the database to collect customer data in a complete and detailed so as to facilitate the marketing activities for an organization or company.
- The database can save on operating costs for an organization / company to manage information. With a database of all the information the organization can be well organized so that it can be accessed quickly and easily without spending much money.
In the fast development of information technology, it’s time to an organization or company
whether small, medium and large scale use of information systems based on the database to
help its operations. With a good database system of an organization will be able to manage
and monitor operational activities so they can take quick and appropriate steps if a problem
occurs. So a good database system would bring rapid progress in the organization or a
Author : Fery Dedi Supardi
NIM : 105060801111008
Class : E