Database processing as the dominant device required by the various institutions and companies. In developing the required database information system as data storage media. The existence of the database can improve the competitiveness of the company. The database can speed up efforts to customer service, produce information quickly and accurately so that help make decisions to immediately decide an issue based on existing information.
Many applications are built with based on the database include: all banking transactions, the application reservation and flight scheduling, process regristasi and recording data on college students, application processing sales, purchase and recording of data on goods trading company, employee data records beerta akrifitasnya including payroll operations in a company, and so forth.
The database allows users of the data shared by many users at the same time or at different times. By putting the database on the server that all users can be accessed from many clients, we have provided access to all users of the client computer to a database of information resources. Of course, access by users is adjusted with the right of access. For example, some information on retail companies such as: searching the number of sales, looking for the number of stocks available, what is the best-selling goods on sale this month, and how much net income the company can be found easily with the database.
Many benefits can be obtained by companies using the data base. Among them:
1. The speed and ease, using data base information retrieval can be done quickly and easily. The database has the ability to categorize, sort and even calculations with metematika. With proper design, the presentation of information will be done quickly and easily.
2. Availability, with a company database can backup data, sort out which data is still needed and which data we need to save to another place. This is because the growth of a company’s transactions from time to time require greater storage media.
3. Accuracy, the application of strict rules of data type, data domain, the uniqueness of the data, the relationship between data, etc., can reduce the accuracy and precision in the entry / data storage.
4. Efficiency of storage space, with common usage, we do not need to provide storage in various places, but just one so this will save storage space owned by a company. With a database design technique that is true, we will simplify storage so that not all data should be stored.
5. Security, most DBMS equipped with the facilities provided for user management access rights vary according to the user and position. The database can be given passwords to restrict the people who access it.
Database providing different views for each user. Suppose we have data from a company engaged in retail. Existing data in the form of data items, sales, and purchases. There are several types of users who require information relating to corporate data tresebut. They are the customer, cashier, warehouse, accounting and managers. Not all data may be accessed by all users. For example, the cashier he may only be entitled to see information item name and price. Meanwhile, he is entitled to enter sales data. Unlike customers who only see the data the existence of the goods and the selling price but is not entitled to enter or change data. Meanwhile, the accounting right to see the advantages of each and every item to analyze the data akutansinya. The database is capable of providing service organization like this.
So, overall database aims to manage the data so obtained the ease, accuracy and speed in decision making of a company.